Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Okay! Back on Track!

Feeling better for the first time today! Called and cancelled my doctor appointment, I was so terrified of that procedure, I  really don't want to do it. I am hoping that I will continue to heal back up, and this time I am going to make a concerted effort to take it easy. My doctor did say it would take about eight weeks to recover, and he wasn't kidding. I really want to conquer the world with my baby! Walk around downtown, meet people for lunch, get exercise... that just isn't meant to be right now. And Ben seems to be sending me the same message. He has been so easily overstimulated lately! Today we had to swaddle him tightly to get him to calm down and eat, and as long as we took things quietly and slowly, he has been an angel ever since. It may be the key to the colic. Its tough because I don't want to be this super careful parent, whispering and tip toe-ing around my child- but if quiet and calm is what he needs to stop screaming all the time, then thats what I need to do. It has nothing to do with being high strung, its just what he is telling me that he needs. And I guess thats right in line with me taking it easy, too. I just miss the outside world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment