Thursday, July 29, 2010

33 Weeks

My weekly posts are getting later and later! I will try to post again tomorrow to catch up. My baby shower last weekend was wonderful, it was great to see all my girlfriends, and Kelly did an awesome job with everything. I am totally exhausted of course, but what's new. I've had no issues with eating, and Steph and I have been really into breakfast. English muffins, bagels, omelets... we should really make pancakes but we are both too lazy right now. However, my 33 week mark put me at 146 again, so I'm still flirting with 150. I'll get there and then some, I'm sure. I still feel like I got away with murder as far as my weight gain. And I still have zero swelling, which is great, too. I don't do well with traveling, I've totally given that up, the car ride is the worst. But when I'm home, I feel fine, so that's where I've been.

I am spending my last week of lazy lay around time with my sister. She is moving to San Diego on Saturday and I tear up every time I think about it. We had four very spoiled years with her, over here at least once or twice a week, nights downtown, dress up parties, beer pong and late nights laughing. We got to meet all her college friends and hear every detail from the wild nights out. Some of my favorite moments were listening to Scott help her with her homework (usually math) at the dining room table. But, she has grown out of this town and this part of her life. She is so ready for graduate school and excited by the idea of learning how to do this adult thing. "Fake it 'til you make it" being my best advice for figuring it out. Scott and I went over all the paper work with her: applying for health insurance...convincing Cal Poly to send an email to this or that department because she really did graduate...getting her own bank account and setting up a rough budget... getting a new cell phone account. We came and picked her up when she got a flat on the way to work, and Scott took the car in to get new tires. We were with her when she went through the process of activating her financial aid loans, and filled out the paperwork for her car's title. She has written a letter of appeal to her insurance company, and signed her lease in La Jolla. Everything is looking a lot like the set of an adult life, the next phase. She is ready for it.

Late in August she will walk into a class of kids not much younger than herself, and lead a section discussion on that week's lecture. Finish, reload with more kids, repeat. She will grade papers, write papers, and grade more papers. As for me, I will figure out what labor feels like, what to pack for the hospital... I will later figure out what I overpacked or had to send Scott home for. I will learn how to wash a tiny little baby, and do laundry. Finish, reload, repeat. A new phase of life, for both of us, and for this one we will have to be on separate projects. We did what we could together, and we did it well. Time to fly solo. Deeeeep breaths. One day at a time.

1 comment: